Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today I took the behind-the-wheel part of my California driving test.

My appointment was scheduled for 3.20pm but I didn't meet my examiner until after 5pm.

I would have had a longer wait had the examiner not been a young Mexican bloke (complete with dark sunglasses which he lowered in order to peer at me over them) who spotted me in line behind a spotty teenage guy and made some lame excuse (which the spotty teenager's Mum was STILL ranting about when we got back... oops!) in order to take me out!

This amused me... and as the test progressed, it became clear that he was more interested in making conversation than actually watching me drive! It states in the handbook that examiners will speak, only to give directions about where they want you to go, otherwise they will 'remain silent'...! My guy chatted THROUGHOUT the test! Brilliant.

I only got 2 minor errors (which he couldnt explain - I guess you have to have some!) and passed with flying colours!

I guess there are advantages to being blonde!

Ed has his behind-the-wheel test tomorrow morning - let's see how he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment