Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today we cycled to church again and, given it was our only option, cycled back as well. And we again spent some time at the pool. We found a place that sells PIMM'S and what better way to while away a sunny Sunday afternoon than sipping on a glass of the stuff and reading a book? We've actually retreated in doors for a bit of shade. It has been a wonderfully lazy weekend. We've realised the importance of rest! Last weekend's trip to Napa for the release of the Silver Oak winery's 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon was great, but we thought that this weekend we'd stay close to home. I'm looking forward to maybe flying the kite Nicci got me for my birthday.

Next weekend we might venture out a little way, perhaps taking in some of the beaches on the Pacific Coast. And we have tickets next Saturday evening to go and see the great Blues guitarist, Buddy Guy, play live in Saratoga. My uncle gave me one of Buddy Guy's CDs years ago, and he looked pretty old in the inlay card back then, so we're half expecting him to be wheeled on stage. But musical genius is musical genius and we're really looking forward to it. Speaking of guitar, I've decided to try and teach myself to play the instrument. I'm going to try and do 15 minutes a day. Yesterday was the first day, and my fingers are sore but I understand that will pass.

So the latest Test Match wasn't much of a success. I see that our 3,4 and 5 only managed 15 runs between them in 2 innings. At least it makes the 5th and final test at the Oval in a couple of weeks that much more meaningful - but I'm not holding out too much hope of a victory.

I'm getting curry withdrawal symptoms. It's been far too long. I've searched for good ones on Yelp.com and I've targeted Saffron as the place to go. It's not far. Perhaps in the next week sometime we'll make a trip. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment