Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I don't know how (since I've not really been anywhere in public), but I have caught a cold. I felt exhausted all weekend, but put it down to cumulative sleep deprivation... then on Monday I started feeling ill and it developed into a full blown cold yesterday.

As soon as I realised I was getting sick, I started praying without ceasing that Daniel would be protected... but during last night he started coughing...

Protecting him from infection is THE one thing we were told we needed to do... so we are feeling pretty desperate... he doesn't have a fever and the coughing is intermittent, but we would really value prayer right now...

Also, we had booked to go away for a long weekend to Yosemite this weekend... we're going to seek the pediatrician's advice this morning - but we're preparing ourselves since we are guessing it is likely they will not think it's a good idea to take Daniel too far away if he's coming down with something...

It's a challenge to trust. I'm not sure we're managing it.

2 comments: