Thursday, December 9, 2010


I have just spent the last 20 minutes with tears rolling down my face with laughter as my son initiated his first joke! He had what could only be described as a 'smirk' on his face and a twinkle in his eye as he repeatedly turned his head to avoid looking at me - the more I laughed and tried to meet eyes, the more he was clearly having to stop himself from bursting into giggles - but managed to maintain a mock serious expression throughout until, at long last, I managed to make our eyes meet - and then his face creased into the most enormous grin. He's incredible. And here he is in his new hat and mitts set...

2 comments:

  1. Daniel's first shot at dry English humor. ;) This story is so heart-warming, it makes me want to make a baby just to see that grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed and Nicci,
    Was wondering if I could have your address? You can send it to me on
    alanjfinch@btopenworld.com

    Thanks,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete