Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hi there!

Nicci here... I am getting pretty good at typing from a reclined position, so I thought I'd try and write a brief blog update...

Things we're thanking God for...

1) BOTH babies are doing well - 3 different consultants have independently exclaimed "my these are active babies!" when doing a scan... we've nicknamed them 'the gymnasts'!

2) I am feeling much better and I'm in good spirits despite being on strict bed rest - which may last for a few more weeks... I am SOOOOOOooooooo grateful for a new 'memory foam' mattress topper which has transformed my comfort - I now have a happy bum and hips!

3) Our church family out here has been AMAZING - I have had exciting parcels full of pampering goodies, a complete new video library, a pile of recommended reading AND meals provided EVERY night for the last 2 weeks... we're feeling very loved! (all the lovely emails from back home have been a HUGE encouragement too! Thank you!)

Obviously we are still praying that the remaining blood clears without harming our little gymnasts in any way and I am hoping this bed rest doesn't go on too much longer! But, today being the first day of week 13 (i.e. I have reached the second trimester! Hooray!), we are feeling hopeful...

Ed is back in the UK for a week on business - enjoying the delights of the English Pub, 'proper' curry and beer! He's also getting to catch up with a few friends and family, which is great... I am glad he's getting a break from caring for me - he hasn't complained, but I am sure it's been a bit of a strain...

My Mum is out here for the week while Ed's away - she's cleaned the house thoroughly, done the ironing and is generally being an absolute star... it's great to have the opportunity to have a girly week together - including the mandatory 'chick flick' each evening! Wonderful!

Thanks for your continued prayers...

Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment