Friday, January 15, 2010

Last night I felt the first proper KICKS from one of our little fellas! It was SUCH a THRILL!!! I have been feeling 'flutterings' for quite a few weeks now, but last night I could actually feel my tummy move beneath my hand! It was SO delicious! I have little people inside me! :)

Our obstetrician appointment on Wednesday was really encouraging... baby B (the one in the intact sack) is looking really healthy, big for his age (oh yikes!) and is continuing to move and develop well (hooray!)

My cervix is showing no signs of any opening or weakening - so my body is showing NO sign of being on the verge of labour - GREAT news!

AND - even though last week our consultant thought that the heart beat of baby A was weakening and slowing, THIS week it was clear that it is still a NORMAL heart beat! He is looking quite crunched over and the likelihood is that he will die at some point, but the medical team is absolutely astounded that he is still going!

Ed and I are not getting our hopes up too high, but the fact that, against ALL odds, our little fighter is continuing to survive feels like God's hand is at work! The likelihood is that this little baby is being kept alive in utero to act as a 'saviour' for our other child (while he continues to live, my body is not receiving any conflicting hormone messages, which might be the reason for me not going into labour)... but I can't help wondering... what IF God is in the process of performing a wonderful miracle?...

We believe in a God who..."is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine", "all things are possible" for our God! HE is the author of life and the one who knits us together...

It would be foolish to get our hopes up because we don't know what God has planned. Our expectation is that, come May, we will have one little baby boy (yes, I am actually allowing myself to start getting excited about it!!! :))... but wouldn't it be wonderful if we ended up astounding the medical profession by going home with two?!!

We pray on! Trusting in our loving heavenly Father's wisdom, love and sovereign power over the details of our lives...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nic!

    We continue to pray for you and Ed! We're so glad that you have peace in the Lord with this situation and we pray that you will continue to do so.
    That feeling of the babies kicking is wonderful!:) I'm so glad that you are feeling well Nicci - how is the bed rest going?
    Bolaxx(and Rob)

    ReplyDelete