Friday, February 19, 2010

Hi there! Daniel here!

Thank you for all the prayers you are saying for me. I know that Jesus is working to help me grow big and strong. His presence is with me in this incubator so i’m not scared when Mummy and Daddy have to go home.

Although I have not seen myself in a mirror yet, Mummy tells me that I am the most gorgeous little man that she has ever seen. The nurses seem pretty keen on me too – I think I am going to be quite a hunk when I’m big.

Here are some photo’s of me that Mummy and Daddy took last week.










I am doing pretty well considering I am so tiny. The main things I need to get sorted are:
1) The duct in my heart needs to close completely (I am going to have a scan on Sunday to check. If it has not closed, i'll have surgery next week)
2) I need to start breathing on my own. Hopefully the nurses can start to wean me off the ventilator in the next few weeks.
3) I need to gain weight and start feeding from a bottle/breast.
4) I need to be able to maintain my temperature on my own without needing the incubator.
5) They need to check that my eyes are ok (because i've needed extra oxygen, there is a chance that my eyes might have been affected).
Once all these things are sorted, I can go home!
I can’t wait to meet you all! Please keep praying!

Heaps of love... Daniel x

5 comments:

  1. One day you'll look back on these pictures and think was he ever that tiny - I know I do with Tom! (mind you he was twice Daniel size - pretty hefty for a prem).
    Gorgeous little fella and will continue to pray xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all - hope the scan goes well tomorrow.

    love
    Patricia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to meet you Daniel... have been praying everytime i brushed my teeth for the last 4 years... keep going little man!! I am certain you're going to be a hunk too!!! Look at your mummy and daddy!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We keeping praying for you all! it's wonderful to see that Daniel is doing well.
    God Bless
    R&B cooper
    cc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Daniel

    Loved your blog - clearly you catch on quick with technology, you'll be ditching the incubator very soon I think !!

    Of course you'll be a hunk - wait till you see the Genes you have, I think you will be very impressed.

    You keep hanging in there and I hope you write again soon (between me and you, I think your blogs are much better than mummy & daddys)

    Love Coll & Dave

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete