Friday, March 19, 2010

I got to hold my boy today for 2 hours AND I heard his voice for the first time!!!

He has been silent until now because the ventilator tube has blocked his vocal cords. But now that the tube is out, he can produce sound! He has the cutest little voice (even when he's crying)... I'm told that his voice will get louder as he gets bigger, but right now, it's delicious!

Although he obviously finds the CPAP (the oxygen delivery system) uncomfortable, as soon as he got into my arms this morning, he settled into a deep sleep and was completely at peace for the entire time. It felt good to see that being close to his Mummy is obviously comforting for him... makes me feel less redundant during this time when I am not able to be as 'hands on' in my mothering as I would like to be!

7 comments:

  1. I love to see your latest news popping up. How precious are those cuddles ! With prayers and love from Theresa and all the Swans xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two precious hours! What a lovely experience for you both; keep your updates coming, it's great to read them...love from Fiona and family xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a picture of you, Liz and Daniel singing away together...once he finds his voice that is. Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are delighted to hear such good news. We continue to pray trusting that He has all things in His hands.
    Anne and Paul xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! We are still praying for you all!
    Rob and Bolax

    ReplyDelete