Monday, May 10, 2010

It was Mother's day, or 'Mom/Mommy's' day' in the USA yesterday... I have nothing against the American 'Mom/Mommy' - it's kinda cute, but it's just not me... I am a 'Mum/Mummy' at heart(although I don't mind the occasional cute item of clothing for my son with a 'Mommy' message on the front!) - and so Daniel had to work pretty hard to try and ensure his Mummy got a card with the correct (!) spelling on it!

He did BRILLIANTLY (with a little help from his Dad!)...

I arrived at the hospital before church - and there was my boy, in his swing, dressed in a little outfit saying 'I love my Mummy' - and there was a card 'To my Mummy' lying on his chest... SO cute!

At first I thought the nurses had excelled themselves - but then I noticed the look of glee in my husband's eyes and knew that he had plotted it all himself! He'd surreptitiously dropped it all off with the nurses the day before with instructions about what to do... it was a LOVELY surprise!

It was the first Mother's day service I had been to since the boys were born. In my heart I was praising and thanking God that I am now a Mummy after all those painful years of waiting when Mother's day services were a real source of pain. I will never forget those years and my heart goes out to all my precious childless sisters who still continue to struggle with infertility or unwanted singleness... I love you, ladies. You're on a painful road, but the Lord is with you... throughout the bible He seems to have a special purpose for infertile women!

1 comment: