Monday, May 3, 2010

Ok, so let me tell you about my BABY SHOWER!!! To all you Brits out there - we NEED to make sure this tradition makes it across the pond! Oh my! It was WONDERFUL!!!

Two of my lovely friends from the 20's ministry (Caitlin and Mandy), hosted it for me... they did a fantastic job (although I guess I've never been to any others, so I wouldn't know (!) - but I can't imagine it being any better!)...

Caitlin's parents-in-law very kindly opened up their home to host the shower - and it was a wonderful venue. When I arrived I was greeted by the sight of a large table laden with presents, another table laden with delicious food (thanks to ALL those who provided it - DELICIOUS!) and drinks, there were 'baby boy' mints in a bowl and flowers and ribbon... it all looked gorgeous!
We mingled (a lovely chance to catch up with the special friends I have made out here - I have slipped off the social grid in recent months, what with bed rest and hospital visiting) and played some great games - list 'baby things' beginning with every letter of the alphabet (Nancy - I think, if 'kisses' was allowed for 'K' (honestly, Darcy!), then really, hiccoughs should have been allowed for 'H' - you were the rightful winner!) and a baby quiz (I was SO rubbish at that!) and then, the rest of the time was spent opening presents...

OH MY!!! Americans do generosity in a BIG way! (or maybe it's just that I have made friends with some of the loveliest Americans!)... I am still feeling slightly overwhelmed by the amount of gifts we received. Everyone was SO thoughtful and we have been given SO much lovely stuff for Daniel... I really can't believe it. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo much!!!

This is the nursery as it looked when we had unloaded the car when I got home... there is literally NO room to walk - every available space is FILLED with presents! I can't WAIT to sort through it all and find homes for everything! SO exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Nic!!!!!! Oh you look so happy and healthy and BROWN! All that amazing Californian sunshine no doubt... I am absolutely THRILLED for you guys, things are really looking up! Daniel is an absolute HUNK, and you are looking happy relaxed which is GREAT for me to see. I worry! How is Ed's sporting injury though? And look at all of your baby shower stuff - it must be like Christmas! You are so lucky to have such thoughtful and generous friends, it certainly sounds like a brilliant idea that you should bring back to Blighty with you. By the way, Mark and I were thinking of coming to the US of A at some point next year - will you still be there? Can we visit? Yeah! Loads of love and huge hugs and high fives xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete