Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Disconcerting things about living in the USA No.6

Customs is hyper-cautious about potentially dangerous substances being mailed into the country... apparently tubes of toothpaste pose a significant threat to national security, so thank you to all those kind souls (I know there are at least 3 of you!) who, after reading my blog post, posted toothpaste to me - I am deeply touched by your concern for my over-sensitive taste-buds, but sadly none of those packages have reached me - all my post is probably now being closely monitored since there have been so many attempts to smuggle me contraband products!

I am not sure Chocolate gets through either... I will contact Customs and try to get a list of all the products they won't allow and post the list here so that I make sure I receive all the mail you send - it is SUCH a bummer to know that some of it has not got through!

No comments:

Post a Comment