Thursday, May 14, 2009

'Mama said there'd be days like this...' that was the tune for yesterday... I am usually quite an organised person (don't giggle!), but yesterday, it all went pear-shaped...

I was in the shower when Sally came to pick me up for Bible study (she was a bit early, but still!), then, at the end of bible study I left and came home, forgetting that I had agreed to go for lunch with Natalie (I think she has forgiven me for standing her up).

Feeling tired I sat down and closed my eyes - and woke up an hour later having missed my weekly God-mummy phone chat time with my gorgeous God-daughter, Miss Lizzie Jones (thought i'd give you a specific shout out!)... she was very gracious and phoned later on - I was SO glad not have missed it altogether!

I then went and booked our behind-the-wheel driving tests and, had Ed not questioned it, I would have turned up on the 9th July having missed the appointment I had booked for the same date in June... I had written it in on the wrong month...

I mean, what was going on?

Thankfully, today seems to be going more successfully - although I couldn't find golden syrup at the supermarket, so thought i'd replace it with Molasses in Suzy's famous fridge cake recipe (i'm taking some for the 20's meeting tonight!)... not sure it tastes as good... oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment