Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last night we went to an 80's Flashdance party!

Claire (a friend from the 20's group) and her flatmates had decorated their home with ridiculous pictures of 80's fashions and slogans, there were 80's films and NES computer games available for the boys and the girls (and some of the braver men!) had the delight of an 80's disco (where we all learnt how to do the running man dance!). Ed and I had the disturbing impression that we might well have been the only people there who actually lived throughout the whole decade...!
It was fun to dress up - Ed went for the Miami Vice / Wham look while I 'got physical'... it's funny to think that the people I met will never recognise me if I introduce myself to them in the future! What fun!

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to say that I have a fully functional NES (and a Super NES, for that matter) - with light gun for "Duck Hunt" action. It sometimes takes a little persuasion to work - plus the "magic" blow-on-the-cartridge technique (Ed will know what I mean) - but this is another compelling feature of Hotel Bruce and can be made available in a few weeks' time... :-)

    ReplyDelete