Friday, May 1, 2009

Earlier this week, Justin, the leader of the twenties ministry at church (which they have allowed Ed and I to join even though we've come clean that we're no longer in our twenties!) sent round an email to let us all know that, due to a burst water main, his house had flooded... they have 2 small children and so, on Wednesday morning at women's bible study, I offered to come and help out (one of the benefits of being unemployed!)... Taylor (Justin's wife) didn't have her 'schedule' with her and so I suggested we 'do diaries' at the twenties meeting on Thursday evening...

The phrase 'do diaries' was met with stunned silence and a shocked look - until she creased up with laughter, realising what I had meant... in America a diary is where you write all your inmost secrets - so she had thought I was inviting her to share our intimate thoughts - and we hardly know each other!

I have been giggling about it ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment