Friday, May 1, 2009

There is but one grey spot on our otherwise cheerful Californian experience (ironically as I have been writing this post, it has actually started raining - a VERY unusual occurrence here - nature is feeling my pain!)... the shop where we bought our first pot of Marmite has stopped stocking it.

Now for those lesser-mortals among you who do not see the attraction in Marmite (shame on you!), this would not cause any great anxiety - but for me, the day just has not started quite right without a couple of slices of Marmite toast.

There is an English store nearby where we can buy this essential breakfast component - but it costs $24 for one jar! Yikes!

I will probably splash out and buy one - but, let it be understood - any guests stepping off the plane from England without a large jar of Marmite smuggled in their case will be sent home immediately! You have been warned! ... Rich - I think you're up first!

No comments:

Post a Comment