Thursday, April 2, 2009

I do love my wife. She is on a perennial hunt to procure sugar-free bread as we both prefer our Warburton's seeded batch from home - but no such product exists here. Anyway, for breakfast this morning I was offered marmite on toast, that was carved from a loaf bought over the bakery counter at our local supermarket. Now, as you know, marmite has a pretty strong flavour. But not strong enough to overpower the GARLIC that was the secret ingredient of this particular loaf. When I say secret, it did come as a surprise to Nicci that, I having suggested to her that this might be garlic bread we were having with marmite for breakfast, on closer inspection of the packet it clearly stated "Gruyere olive garlic bread". Perhaps more to be enjoyed with a dish of pasta and a glass of wine. Steer clear for breakfast. I'm off to brush my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment