Saturday, April 18, 2009

Love, joy, peace, PATIENCE, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. I would love to see each of these attributes increasingly in evidence in my life, however this week has mostly been an exercise in patience! We were supposed to pick up our car on Monday. In fact, they had offered some hope that we might even have been able to pick it up in time for last weekend. But no. And the guy it all hung upon doesn't work on Mondays. And on Tuesday I didn't realise until too late that the people I was dealing with were on the East Coast with a +3hr time difference so I couldn't chase until the Wednesday... when I found out the truck that was supposed to deliver the car from San Diego to the dealership in San Jose had to wait until it was full before setting off - which wouldn't be until Thursday, but I should have the car on Friday... but now Saturday is almost over and still no car. It is unlikely we'll have it until Tuesday as, again, matey doesn't work on a Monday. My colleagues will be watching me, knowing I'm waiting on this car, so the prayer over the next few days is that the fruit of patience will be in abundance on Monday and Tuesday, and (who knows?) beyond that.

No comments:

Post a Comment