Sunday, April 12, 2009

IHOP was good. I went for the "Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity". With that you get: eggs (over-easy), bacon, sausage, hash browns and two buttermilk pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries. Mum always taught me to finish everything on my plate - but Nicci wouldn't have been impressed. And I wouldn't want all the good work done jogging and going to the gym to come to nothing, so I believe I chose the right option... Had it been curry, there would have been no choice in the matter. But with pancakes, I feel justified in leaving some of it behind.

Church was good - although much of it was conducted in the dark due to a power cut! 15 people were baptised afterwards including one gentleman in his 70's. We had some good conversations afterwards.

We were invited back to lunch with Manuel and Alice. They are a lovely couple from our church. Nicci is in the same Bible study group as Alice on Wednesdays, and will be going to the women's retreat with their daughter, Celine. They had the golf on, so we didn't miss that great finish! We felt very welcome and it was lovely to have some real fellowship on Easter Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment