Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yesterday, 4.45am. That's when the alarm went off for me to get up and go to SFO to catch a 6.15am flight to Salt Lake City, Utah. Ouch. I was pleased, when I got there, to meet my colleague, Chris, who was coming with me. It was confirmation that, despite the early hour and my foggy consciousness, I was at the right airport. It was a good day, there and back - but I was shattered yesterday evening!

Although Good Friday is not a public holiday in the US (neither is Easter Monday - I'm now kicking myself for not having delayed our trip out here until Tuesday 14th April in order to maximise the number of free days off I could have had...), it was great to be able to remember why they call it Good Friday by listening to some great songs on my iPod during the flight: When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, This the Power of the Cross etc. Hallelujah! Although the disciples were probably not about to vote to call the previous day 'Good Friday' when they were in hiding on the Saturday and Jesus was dead and buried in a tomb behind a huge rock and an armed guard, knowing what we do about what happened on the Sunday, 'Good Friday' is an understatement! We're looking forward to our Easter Sunday church service where, hopefully, the same Chris who flew with me to Salt Lake yesterday will join us. We plan to meet for breakfast first at IHOP (International House of Pancakes) - sounds like it's going to be loaded with calories - but if it's for the gospel I guess we'll have to bite the bullet and tuck in.

Today started with another run, with a stop off at the gym for some light weights half way round. We feel like we've achieved, and so are trying to justify to ourselves that it's OK to slob for the rest of day and see if we can watch as much of the Masters golf as possible. So far, I haven't seen any of it - which is rather odd, since being closer to the time zone it's being played in was meant to mean it would be easier to watch!

We've put an offer in on a place to live now, (when it's confirmed, we'll send a link with a GoogleMaps satellite view) and we understand that our shipping may arrive in the next 10 days. And hopefully we'll be picking up our car and returning the rental one on Tuesday. So life is beginning to fall into place, for which we are grateful to the Lord.

A shower, and then breakfast beckons. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment